How Do You Contact the Local Authorities?


Quick Answer

If you live in the United States, contact your local authorities by phone. In an emergency, call 911, which is one of the three-digit special services numbers listed on the NANPA website.

Continue Reading
How Do You Contact the Local Authorities?
Credit: Westend61 Getty Images

Full Answer

While the 911 service is well-known, other government services are also available through other n11 numbers, such as 311 for local government and non-emergency police contact, 811 for utilities services relating to excavation, and 411 for directory assistance, according to NANPA.

USA.gov offers a directory of local governments that is organized by state. The various state websites include links to local government sites, which typically include contact information.

Learn more about Law Enforcement
Related Videos

Related Questions