How Do You Contact the Illinois Treasurer for Unclaimed Funds?


Quick Answer

To contact the Illinois treasurer for unclaimed funds, visit ICash.Illinois.gov. Once on the site, enter your last name, first name and city. If the treasurer's office owes you money, fill out an online claim form. You receive the assets within a few weeks of making the claim.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

In the 1960s, Illinois lawmakers created a law that started the unclaimed property rights program as a way to give consumers more rights. Formerly known as Cash Dash, the program's name changed to I-Cash in 2012. As of 2015, the state of Illinois has over $2.1 billion in cash that needs to go back to citizens of the state.

Learn more about US Government

Related Questions