How Do You Contact Child Protective Services?


Quick Answer

To contact Child Protective Services, visit NCCAFV.org to find the specific number for your state. Most states offer toll-free numbers, while some states just use local area codes. This website also lists state-specific online resources where you can report child abuse and neglect and learn more about the department.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The Office of Children and Family Services in New York recommends that people call 911 directly instead of contacting the office if they suspect a child or someone else is in immediate danger. The Texas Department of Family and Protective services advises to use its website for reporting neglect or abuse only if a person is in no immediate danger because it takes up to 24 hours for reports to process.

Learn more about Social Services

Related Questions