How Do You Change Your Address If You Are Receiving Social Security Disability Benefits?


Quick Answer

You can change your mailing address with Social Security by creating a My Social Security account at the Social Security Administration's website. You can also change your address by calling 800-772-1213, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. You can also contact your local Social Security office.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Aside from the ability to change your mailing address, a My Social Security account allows you to keep track of your earnings and verify them every year. You can also obtain an estimate of your future benefits if you are still working and obtain a letter with proof of any benefits you may currently be receiving. A My Social Security account allows you to sign up for direct deposit of your benefits or make changes if you're already receiving your benefits through direct deposit. You can also ask for a replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S for tax purposes.

You are only allowed to create a My Social Security account using your own information and you are the only person who can use your account. You cannot create or use an account of another person, even if you have that person's permission in writing. The Social Security website provides video instructions on the account setup process.

Learn more about Social Services

Related Questions