Where Can You Find Work Permit Forms?


Quick Answer

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website, USCIS.gov, provides instructions for and links to all employment authorization forms required for non-citizens seeking work in the United States. All employment authorization forms are available as PDF documents on the website.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

A worker's immigration or visitor status determines the type of employment authorization required, explains the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. When a worker seeks temporary training or employment in the United States but does not intend to remain in the country following that employment, the worker must file an I-129 Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker. When a worker seeks permanent employment as a foreign national or immigrant, the worker must file the I-765 Application for Employment Authorization.

Students and exchange workers may obtain employment authorization in certain situations, notes the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. These workers must complete the application process with authorized officials at their schools.

Learn more about Immigration

Related Questions