Where Can Veterans Find Cash Assistance Programs?


Quick Answer

Veterans can find cash assistance programs through state departments caring for veterans. The Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs, the Illinois Department of Veterans' Affairs and California’s Department of Social Services all provide such programs.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs provides temporary cash and medical assistance to disabled veterans and their dependents. Eligible veterans can receive cash assistance for up to six months or while they wait to be approved for other programs.

Illinois Department of Veterans' Affairs offers cash grants to veterans. To apply for this program, candidates need to complete and mail an application to the Department of Veterans' Affairs.

The Department of Social Services in California offers a Veterans Cash Benefit Program. Veterans do not have to complete a different application for the program; the application for the federal Special Veterans Benefit is sufficient.

Learn more about Military

Related Questions