Where Can You Find a Veteran's DD214 Document?


Quick Answer

DD214 documents for discharged veterans can be requested by either veterans or next-of-kin from the National Archives. Military personnel records for veterans discharged more than 62 years ago are accessible by the public at the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis, Missouri.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Veterans and next-of-kin can request military personnel records, including the DD214 from the National Archives, either online on the National Archives website or by mail. To request the documents online, use the eVetRecs application. The process usually takes three to four weeks.

As of 2015, the Aardvark Research Group also offers the delivery of military records, including certified DD12 copies, within one to five days.

Learn more about Public Records

Related Questions