How Can You Update Your Address With the Social Security Administration?


Quick Answer

To change an address with the Social Security Administration, those enrolled in Medicare or receive Social Security benefits can log into their My Social Security accounts online and follow the instructions. Supplemental Security Income recipients can call 800-772-1213 to change their addresses.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Individuals who do not have a United States mailing address should also call the Social Security Administration to change their address. TTY users should call 800-325-0778. The hours to call are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Individuals could also contact their local Social Security Office to change their addresses. Local offices can be found by using the search option on the Social Security Administration webpage by entering their zip codes, and local offices are listed on the search results page.

A person who does not have an account through My Social Security can enroll online at the Social Security webpage. Enrolling helps people keep track of their earnings so they can verify them every year, get an estimate of future earnings, manage their benefits, and start or change their direct deposit. They can also request replacement SSA-1099s or replace their Medicare cards. Signing up for online access also eliminates paper statements, unless the individual indicates he would still like to receive statements via regular mail.

Learn more about Social Services

Related Questions