Where Can You Find Your State's Low-Income Housing Program for Single Mothers?


Quick Answer

Single mothers can find information on low income housing at portal.hud.gov, the official website for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Information specific to each state is provided on the home page in a separate link.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

HUD provides a toll-free phone number for counseling and an online application for federal aid. The webpage features links to individual states that outline specific qualifications and requirements for low-income housing pertinent to each local public housing agency. Other types of financial assistance are available and vary with location, such as state-subsidized assistance with utility bills. Call (800) 569-4287 for more information.

Learn more about Social Services

Related Questions