How Can You Search for People in the Air Force?


Quick Answer

The Air Force Personnel Center's Worldwide Locator provides information on the whereabouts of military members who are on active duty or who are serving in the Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve. They can also search for retired military personnel.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The personnel center's service handles both official and unofficial requests. Official requests are defined as those from any government agency and the Department of Defense. All other requests are considered unofficial.

Unofficial requests must be made in writing and should include the enlisted member's full name, Social Security Number or Air Force serial number, and date of birth or Air Force duty history after June, 1970. The requestor's name, address and phone number are also needed. Put this information in an envelope with a return address, affix proper postage, and write the individual's name in the address portion of the envelope. Mail the request, in a larger envelope, along with a check or money order for $3.50 payable to DAO-DE-RAFB to HQ AFPC/DS1W, 550 C St. West, Ste. 50, Randolph AFB, TX, 78150-4752. There is no fee for requestors who are on active duty, Air Guard or Air Force Reserve, or retired military status. The locator service does not release phone numbers or redirect phone calls.

Department of Defense requests may be handled over the telephone, provided the requestor gives a full name, rank, Social Security Number and the reason for the request. Other government and law enforcement agency requests must be in writing on official letterhead and signed by appropriate personnel.

Learn more about Military

Related Questions