Where Can You Research Lawsuits Against Local Hospitals?


Quick Answer

A person can research lawsuits and complaints made against local hospitals by searching local court documents or making an inquiry with the state licensing board. One may also inquire with the state's health department. The Federation of State Medical Boards also has a searchable database. .

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The American Medical Association may also have information regarding lawsuits and malpractice claims filed against hospitals or the doctors employed by a particular hospital.

Complaints usually filed against a doctor or hospital that a person can find information on include an incorrect or delayed diagnosis and unnecessary surgery. Other complaints are unnecessary treatment, premature discharge, incomplete instructions regarding a discharge, and prescription errors.

Learn more about Public Records

Related Questions