Where Can You Get Public Housing Assistance?


Quick Answer

Apply for public housing assistance through the Public Housing Agencies of individual states. A list of the contact information for the agencies in each state is available through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development website, HUD.gov.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The Public Housing Assistance services available through state agencies include a search tool for properties that qualify for public assistance, and links to documents outlining renters' rights and responsibilities under the program. For those in need of additional advice, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development also provides links to counseling agencies in each state, as well as a toll-free national phone number for housing assistance recipients or those applying for the program.

Learn more about Social Services

Related Questions