How Can You Get Into the National Ladies Auxiliary VFW?


Quick Answer

To join the National Ladies Auxiliary VFW, an individual must be a U.S. citizen at least 16 years old and a relative of a veteran of a foreign war, and she must complete an application and pay a membership fee. The applicant needs to provide proof of service for her relative who served overseas. Proof is available from the National Archives and Records Administration.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The VFW auxiliary considers a relative to be a spouse, parent, grandparent, child, grandchild or sibling. Veterans of foreign wars include those who received campaign medals for overseas service, those who served in Korea for a minimum of 30 consecutive or 60 non-consecutive days, and all current and past service members who have ever received imminent danger or hostile fire pay. The membership application asks for personal information and a statement of faith. The membership fee varies by age and depending on whether the applicant wants an annual membership or a lifetime membership.

The primary goal of the VFW auxiliary is to serve U.S. veterans and their families. Each member pledges to respond appropriately to any call of distress from another auxiliary member, a veteran or a member of a veteran's family. Auxiliary activities include promoting patriotism, heading community service projects for veterans and their families, and carrying out other social justice related activities.

Learn more about Military

Related Questions