Where Can You Get Free Name Change Forms?


Quick Answer

Links to free name change forms can be accessed from DMV.org. Before changing your name on any other identification, you should first file name change forms at the Social Security Administration, the Department of Motor Vehicles, your county’s voter registration department, and your State Department for passport information.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

As stated on DMV.org, you should first update your Social Security card, because most other agencies require showing your Social Security card to verify your new name.

The official Social Security website states that your Social Security card cannot be updated online. You will need to collect original documents to prove your citizenship, age, and identification, such as a U.S. birth certificate, U.S. passport, hospital records or a U.S. driver’s license. After you’ve collected your required documents, you need to fill out an Application for a Social Security Card and mail or deliver the application and documents to a local Social Security Office.

Learn more about Law

Related Questions