How Can Money Be Sent to a Wasco State Prison Inmate?

How Can Money Be Sent to a Wasco State Prison Inmate?

Send money to a California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation inmate using a personal check, cashier's check, money order, certified check or the JPay electronic funds transfer system. Non-certified funds are held for 30 days before they are deposited into an inmate's account.

  1. Access JPay

    Quickly send money to a California inmate when you access the JPay system. As of October 2014, JPay distributes up to $300 at a time for one California prisoner. Your funds become available the next day, depending on the agency.

  2. Know the inmate ID

    Before you sign up with JPay, you must know the inmate's ID number within the California prison system. You also need the inmate's name, sender's name and sender's address.

  3. Pick your service

    Choose from one of four services available for Wasco State Prison inmates, as of October 2014. Use a money transfer through the JPay website for as low as $3.95 using your debit or credit card. Call a live agent 24 hours a day at JPay's toll-free number, 1-800-574-5729, and transfer money for as little as $4.95. Send money through the JPay mobile app for a minimum of $3.95. Go to a MoneyGram location, such as Wal-Mart or CVS, to send cash for a $5.95 fee to receive code 6141.