How Can I Get My Money Back?


Quick Answer

A consumer who feels that they have been cheated can report the offense to several government agencies, reports NOLO.com. If the reporting doesn't result in a refund, a consumer can send a demand letter for the money and then file a lawsuit.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

State and federal law prohibits deceptive or unfair practices, NOLO.com notes. Consumers who feel they have been cheated should notify their local agencies immediately. The Federal Citizen Information Center provides a list of consumer action websites at consumeraction.gov.

Many government agencies are unable to get money back for consumers, NOLO.com adds. In this case, the consumer can try calling the state agency that licenses businesses or file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau before filing a lawsuit.

Learn more about Debt Law

Related Questions