Where Can You Find Military Retirement Homes?


Quick Answer

The two United States-operated military retirement homes are in the Gulfport Campus in Mississippi and in the Washington Campus in Washington, D.C. Retired Armed Forces' officers may also retire at special state-operated veteran retirement homes.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Both the Gulfport and Washington veteran retirement facilities are for retired Armed Forces soldiers who have spent at least half of their military service as a warrant member, an enlisted member or a limited-duty officer. Other soldiers, such as commissioned officers, who are not eligible to reside inside the Armed Forces Retirement Home, may retire to nonprofit retirement communities, such as Vinson Hall in Virginia and Falcon's Landing and Knollwood in Washington, D.C. The National Care Planning Council also provides a list of state veteran homes on Longtermcarelink.net.

Learn more about Military

Related Questions