How Can You Locate a Federal Inmate?


Quick Answer

To locate a federal inmate who has been incarcerated after 1982, visit the Federal Bureau of Prisons' Inmate Locator. You can search for an inmate with his name or his BOP, DCDC, FBI or INS number.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The Inmate Locator website only locates inmates who have been convicted of violating a federal law or a District of Columbia law. To find an inmate in a state or local prison, contact the specific state, city or county for more information. The Inmate Locator does not contain information regarding prisoners who were released prior to 1982. To obtain a copy of one of these prisoners' records, visit the National Archives' website.

Learn more about Public Records

Related Questions