How Can You Locate Army Personnel?


Quick Answer

The US Army World Wide Locator Service is only available to those with an Army Knowledge Online account, which is given to each current or past Army, National Guard and Army Reserves member. To locate Army personnel another way, contact the U.S. Army Enlisted Records & Evaluation Center in Indiana. Requests are handled on a case-by-case basis.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

If the person is on active duty and you know his rank, name and location, call long distance information, and ask to be connected to the military base at which the person is stationed. Ask the base operator to connect you to the base locator, which provides contact and address information to any active duty personnel on the base. Alternatively, find military bases online using the Military Installations website provided by the Department of Defense.

To contact Army personnel in an emergency, contact a local Red Cross chapter to forward the message. Red Cross chapters are available 24 hours a day every day of the year. Submit an emergency communication message using the online self-service tool at RedCross.org. To contact by phone, call the Red Cross Emergency Communications Specialist toll-free number found on the Red Cross website, RedCross.org.

To locate former Army personnel, send a letter to the National Personnel Records Center. Laws prevent the agency from releasing veteran information, but the center can forward letters to the veteran's last known address. Address the letter to the veteran and the National Personnel Records Center.

Learn more about Military

Related Questions