Where Can You Get Information About Government Housing for Low-Income Households?


Quick Answer

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's website has information about residential assistance programs. It offers assistance to qualified renters, homeowners and those who wish to purchase a house.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

As of 2015, the Department of Housing offers three programs to renters. These include subsidized private apartments, public housing and the Housing Choice Voucher Program, in which the government pays for all or part of the rent for an apartment of the renter's choice.

The Federal Housing Administration, a division within HUD, provides mortgages toward the purchase of a home and reverse mortgages for homeowners age 62 and older.

The Mortgage Assistance Guide, available through HUD's Community Planning and Development Office, helps homeowners whose properties are in danger of foreclosure receive help through mortgage refinancing or assistance.

Learn more about Social Services

Related Questions