Can the Government Help Me Pay My Rent?


Quick Answer

Yes, the government can help a person pay his rent. An individual has to contact assistance agencies in his state and must meet the necessary requirements. One can choose either long term assistance or short-term assistance depending on his economic status. Long-term assistance programs, however, have strict requirements.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The first thing to do is to find information about rental assistance in a particular state. When applying for rental assistance, there must be concrete proof of financial need. Some programs require a person to have a source of income. However, some places offer help if an individual has lost his job recently. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development website provides a wealth of information about assistance programs in all states.

Learn more about Social Services

Related Questions