Can You Be Extradited From One State to Another?


Quick Answer

If a person commits a crime in one state and flees to another, he can be extradited to the state where he committed the crime, notes FindLaw. In order for this to take place, the state where the criminal committed the crime has to request that he be brought back to the state, and there is a process to approve or deny the extradition.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

There are additional requirements for the state to get the extradition approved. The documents for the extradition must be complete, and there has to be certainty as to whether the criminal actually is a fugitive and is guilty of a crime, states FindLaw.

Learn more about Law

Related Questions