Where Can You Find Your DDR-214 for Service With the U.S. Army?


Quick Answer

Personnel documents for all branches of the military, including Army DD-214 documents, can be requested from the National Archives by mail, fax or online. Documents newer than 62 years are restricted to veterans or their next-of-kin accessing their own records.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Requests submitted to the National Archives for personnel records must include basic details to locate the correct documents including full name, branch of service, service number, Social Security number and years in service. All requests must be signed and dated by either the veteran or next-of-kin.

Military personnel records are opened to the general public after 62 years. As of 2015, records created before 1953 are in the public domain.

Learn more about Military

Related Questions