Where Can You Find Help Completing a SSA Change of Address Form?


Quick Answer

Individuals can get help completing an SSA change of address form by calling representative at the Social Security Administration at 800-772-1213 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Individuals who are hard of hearing can call the TTY line at 800-325-0778.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Representatives can help customers complete the form or change the address for them during the call. Individuals can also search for the closest Social Security office on the Social Security website to get help from a representative in-person.

The Social Security website allows customers to create an account where one can easily change their address online if they receive Medicare or Social Security benefits. This account also allows customers to view their benefits verification letter, check payments and change or start direct deposit. Individuals who do not yet receive benefits can still create an online account to view Social Security and Medicare taxes paid and an estimate of future retirement benefits.

Individuals who receive Supplemental Security Income or who are moving to an address outside of the U.S. must call Social Security rather than using the online form to change their address.

The online account is only for personal use. Individuals cannot ask another person to help manage their online information, even with written authorization. Violating this regulation may result in criminal or civil charges, states the Social Security Administration.

Learn more about Social Services

Related Questions