How Can You Apply for MyCAA Financial Assistance?


Quick Answer

To apply for MyCAA financial assistance, visit the Academic Institution Portal of the Air Command's website, and click on the MyCAA link. Follow the instructions to register on the site, then complete a individual career plan through MySECO, or the spouse education and career opportunities portal, explains MyCAA. Create a goal and an education training plan, and then complete a request for financial aid for the desired course of study.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The MyCAA, or my Career Advancement Account, scholarship program provides up to $4,000 in financial aid to military spouses, notes the MyCAA website. These spouses must be in pursuit of a certification, license or associate degree in a field or job that is portable. Approved careers include select occupations in the aerospace, animal services, construction, education and energy fields. MyCAA also provides funding to military spouses pursuing certain jobs within the homeland security, hospitality, information technology, legal and business fields. Spouses pursuing occupations in automotive services or those pursuing certain skilled trades are also eligible for MyCAA scholarships.

To create an individual career plan, or MyICP, spouses use the MyICP wizard, reports the MySECO website. Military spouses have access to career exploration resources, such as career aptitude assessments, interest inventories and occupational research tools while creating an individual career plan. Spouses can also access information about education and training program options, scholarship opportunities, and test-taking tips through the MyICP wizard. Spouses can contact career counselors for assistance in developing an individual career plan.

Learn more about Military

Related Questions