Can You Go to America With a Criminal Record?


Quick Answer

Permission to enter the United States will depend on the type of crime and how long ago it was, but most minor issues, such as one driving under the influence charge, will likely not impact someone looking to come to the country. The more severe the crime or in the case of a repeat offender, entry may be denied.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

It is possible for someone to check with the local American Embassy where they live and see if they can get a waiver or permission to enter the country. This is not a guarantee, however, and no matter how minor, all past criminal records must be declared to avoid travel issues if someone is permitted into the country.

Learn more about Immigration

Related Questions