How Can You Access DUI Arrest Records?


Quick Answer

To access DUI court records, order a copy from the Public Access to Court Electronic Records, or PACER, service center; the National Archives; or your state’s official government court website, according to DMV.org. You can also visit your local court in person or request court records from third-party services.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

PACER is an online service offered by the Federal Judiciary that enables people to acquire case and docket information from bankruptcy, district and federal appellate courts, according to PACER's official website. Register for an account through the site to access DUI court records and other public court information.

To obtain court records from the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration, go to the Order Reproductions page of the website, select Court Records, choose the court, and create your account to order a copy, as the National Archives site instructs. The site also provides downloadable forms that you can submit to receive court records through email, fax or mail.

Before placing an order, determine the purpose of getting the court records, notes DMV.org. Choose a government copy for official purposes, such as performing background checks on job applicants. You can opt to use the services of third-party firms if you wish to view DUI court records for personal purposes only. Both government and private services charge a fee for providing court records.

Learn more about Law

Related Questions