How Do You Get Assistance Towards Paying Rent?


Quick Answer

There are a number of different outlets that provide assistance for paying rent, including the state housing finance agency, the veterans administration, and the local HUD office. Additionally, help may be found at a local senior agency.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Any individual looking for help with rent can start with their state's housing finance agency or their local public housing office. The local HUD department also has information regarding rental assistance programs specific to each area. Those who live in a rural area may also seek assistance at their local rural development office.

Veterans can check with the local veterans administration to determine the type of assistance they may be able to find, as they have many programs in place to assist veterans. Elder care centers in certain municipalities are another great resource for elderly people looking for rent assistance.

Individuals looking for rent assistance should first start with their local office in order to get a better determination as to what they may be eligible for. Ineligibility for benefits through the more common agencies does not mean there are no other resources, as there are many community programs that may be willing to help. Renters are also encouraged to contact non-profit organizations that provide community assistance.

Learn more about Social Services

Related Questions