How Do You Apply for a TWIC Card at an Enrollment Center?

If you're a U.S. citizen and were born within the United States, bring your government ID to your nearest UES Enrollment Center, have your photo and fingerprints taken, and pay the $128 enrollment fee. You can receive your card by mail or by returning to an Enrollment Center.

To save time, you may want to make an appointment in advance. Most U.S. citizens born in the United States need only one government-issued photo ID to apply, but if you're a naturalized citizen or a citizen of another country, your documentation requirements may be more complex. Call ahead to make sure you bring everything you need. Similarly, the enrollment fee is $128 for most applicants, but your exact fee may vary.

The process takes about 10 minutes, not including waiting time. UES encourages appointments, but does not require them. UES Enrollment Centers accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express, but do not accept cash or personal checks. If you don't have a credit card, purchase a money order from a bank or post office and make it payable to "MorphoTrust USA."

Most applicants receive their TWIC cards in about two to four weeks. However, since processing is sometimes slow, the TSA recommends applying at least 10 to 12 weeks before you need the TWIC card.