Where Do You Apply for HUD Housing Assistance?


Quick Answer

To apply for HUD housing assistance, call or visit the HUD office or housing agency for the specific area in which you're looking to live. An agency employee guides applicants through the process of determining eligibility for HUD housing, as well as viewing the housing availability in the area.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Your local housing agency can assist with the application process, as you must meet certain criteria in order to be eligible for HUD housing assistance. You may need to provide income information and proof of identity, such as your birth certificate.

A housing assistance application requires your current address, phone number and information regarding the individuals who intend to reside with you. You need to provide information of certain family circumstances, your veteran status, previous landlord contact information and an estimate of your anticipated future income. You may also need to provide information regarding your current bank and employer.

There may be instances where you qualify for HUD housing but are put on a waiting list. Once a residence becomes available, you need to sign a lease and pay any necessary deposits. Housing agencies may need to close the waiting list if there is a higher demand than there is available housing.

Learn more about Social Services

Related Questions