How Do You Apply for Heating Assistance for Low Income Households?


Quick Answer

Apply for heating assistance through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Administration for Children and Families' Office of Community Services. The program website has online forms and contact information for the relevant offices in Washington, D.C., for applicants.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Submit your Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program forms through the website's On-Line Data Collection System. Fill out and submit the Access Form to request entry into the On-Line Data Collection System. The Access Form is available on the website as a PDF file, and the document requires you to fill out your first and last names, email address, mailing address, person type and form information. To access the system, you also need a user name and password.

You have several form options to choose from. Among the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program options on the website are the Model Plan, Household Report – Long Form (for state and territory grantees), Household Report – Short Form (for tribal grantees), Carryover and Reallotment Report and the Quarterly Allocation Estimates. Additional forms include the LIHEAP Performance Data Form, Federal Financial Report and Leveraging Report. The form page also includes form due dates, guidance and instructions (when applicable).

Learn more about Social Services

Related Questions