How Do You Apply for Financial Assistance From the VA?


Quick Answer

Apply for financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs through the organization's website or related benefit sites to which the VA links. Navigate to Benefits.VA.Gov/Benefits and click on the Applying for Benefits tab on the left side of the screen, then click Applying for Benefits Home.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

On the Applying for Benefits Home page are several benefit options. To apply to the Before Leaving Military Service – Pre-Discharge Program for Servicemembers program, follow the page's link to the VA Pre-Discharge Program website. To apply to the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Benefits for Servicemembers and Veterans program, download the form and submit it online by clicking on the Download VA Form 28-1900 button on the Applying for Benefits Home website.

To apply for the Dependency and Indemnity Compensation Benefits for Survivors and Dependents benefit program, click on the Download VA Form 21-534EZ or VA Form 21-534a. If signing up for the Pension Benefits for Veterans program, download the VA Form 21-527EZ and mail it to a local regional benefit office. If you are a survivor, download the VA Form 21-534EZ and mail it to a local benefit office to get survivor pension benefits. Home loans, educational benefits and other assistance programs are also available.

Learn more about Military

Related Questions