How Do You Apply for Agent Orange Compensation?


Quick Answer

Veterans who are eligible for compensation for Agent Orange exposure may apply online, work with an accredited representative, or visit a Veterans Affairs regional office, states the United States Department of Veterans Affairs. They must supply evidence that their disability is a direct result of exposure.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Agent Orange is the term for a blend of herbicides spread on trees and plants in Vietnam and along the Korean demilitarized zone, explains the United States Department of Veterans Affairs. The VA presumes that veterans who were in Vietnam between 1962 and 1975, veterans who served near the Korean demilitarized zone between 1968 and 1971, and veterans who served in other specific circumstances were exposed to Agent Orange. If any of these veterans develop a disease on the VA's list of diseases associated with exposure, such as chronic B-cell leukemia, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma or Parkinson's disease, they are eligible for compensation.

Veterans must submit a medical diagnosis, proof of their service during the times of exposure to the chemical, and proof that the disease occurred before a certain time, according to the United States Department of Veterans Affairs. Veterans with a disease not on the VA's list may apply if they provide additional evidence linking their disease to Agent Orange exposure.

Learn more about Law

Related Questions