How Do You Find Advice on County Court Judgments?


Quick Answer

Find advice on county court judgments online or over the phone through money advisors such as PayPlan or the Money Advice Service, according to their websites. View the details of any judgments against you on the register of judgments found on the Trust Online website, TrustOnline.org.uk. If you feel the information is incorrect, GOV.UK suggests contacting Trust Online at info@trustonline.org.uk or 020 7380 0133.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

If a creditor files a claim against a debtor, the individual has 14 days to respond to the claim. After 14 days with no response, the court may issue a judgment against the debtor to repay the debt. After a judgment is made by the court, the debtor has 14 days to respond, either asking the court for a reassessment or to change the amount owed, states GOV.UK.

A debtor who defaults on a judgment may have further action taken against him, and the creditor may even be able to apply for a warrant to have bailiffs remove goods from the debtor's home, contact the debtor's employer and arrange for a portion of the debtor's wages to be directly paid to the creditor until the debt is resolved, notes PayPlan.

In England and Wales, the Register of Judgments, Orders and Fines keeps a record of all county court judgments for six years, says the Money Advice Service. Even after these judgments are resolved and marked as satisfied, it still shows that a judgment has been made. PayPlan and the Money Advice Service both suggest seeking money advice services immediately after a judgment is made for this reason.

Learn more about Law

Related Questions