The Kings Park Psychiatric Center is located at West 4th Street, Kings Park, New York, 11754. The Kings Park Psychiatric Center was a state-run psychiatric hospital that operated from 1885 to 1996.
When the Kings Park Psychiatric Center closed in 1996, there were still a few patients residing there. At that time, they were either moved to Pilgrim Psychiatric Center in Brentwood, New York, or they were released. While in operation, the hospital covered over 100 buildings. These included main buildings, outbuildings and patient buildings. The facility has been used to film a few movies as well as a documentary released in 2013 by a former patient.