What Services Does the Department of State Provide for Americans Traveling Abroad?


Quick Answer

The U.S. Department of State offers a variety of services to Americans traveling abroad, such as aid in the event of a stolen passport or medical emergency. The Department of State can also offer financial assistance or evacuation in case of a crisis.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

In the case of a lost or stolen passport, U.S. citizens must visit an American embassy or consulate with a passport photo, evidence of U.S. citizenship, travel itinerary and a completed application for a replacement passport. In the event of a medical emergency, a U.S. embassy or consulate can assist in finding medical services and informing family members or friends.

Learn more about Geography

Related Questions