How Do You Search for Unclaimed Baggage Online?


Quick Answer

You can search for unclaimed baggage online through UnclaimedBaggage.com, This center in rural Scottsboro, Alabama, is the final destination for all unclaimed baggage within the continental United States.

Continue Reading
How Do You Search for Unclaimed Baggage Online?
Credit: Chalabala iStock / Getty Images Plus Getty Images

Full Answer

An estimated 99.5 percent of all baggage gets claimed. Even lost bags generally get found and returned to the owner. The remaining 0.5 percent of baggage gets sent off to Unclaimed Baggage Center in Scottsboro, Alabama, where anyone can pick it up. To inquire about specific baggage you wish to claim, click on the Contact Us button on the UBC website. There is no search option on the website, so the only way to search for baggage is to physically call, email or mail the company and ask the staff about the inventory. As of June 2015, the company can be contacted Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. CST and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. CST. UBC is closed on Sundays, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Once contacted, baggage can either be picked up at the location in rural Alabama or shipped. UBC charges for the cost of shipping. All bags that are not claimed after a certain point are donated to charities, including Salvation Army and Medical Mission Aid.

Learn more about Geography

Related Questions