As of 2015, points of interest in Skagway, Alaska include the Eagles Hall, visiting the former Klondike Gold Rush town of Dyea and exploring the Red Onion Saloon. Another option is to follow the old tracks of the White Pass Yukon Railway, which front the boardwalk and shopping area.
Part theater, part historical site, the Eagles Hall hosts the "Days of '98 Show" each summer. The show began in 1927 and still features the boisterous can-can girls of the late 1890s. An on-site display shows historic photographs of earlier productions. Eagles Hall is made up of two hotels dating back to the Gold Rush. The Mondamin Hotel dates back to 1916; the Pacific Hotel, on the rear of the property, opened in 1920.
Dyea once housed roughly 8,000 people, but it's now a ghost town. The population dwindled after the end of the Gold Rush, but the final blow was the Palm Sunday Avalanche that happened on April 3, 1898. All that remains are the remnants of a wharf, building foundations and the Slide Cemetery. The town is roughly 2 miles from Skagway.
The Red Onion Saloon is a former dance hall, saloon and bordello. The upstairs had 10 small rooms, called cribs, where more private entertainment was provided. Now a museum, restaurant and bar, the Red Onion Saloon still hosts tours of the property and Skagway that focus on the area's colorful past.