The Clinton Grove Cemetery, The Clinton Kalamazoo Canal, Morley's Candy Factory and the former Heidelberg restaurant are a few well-known landmarks located in the Clinton Township, Michigan area. The Clinton Grove Cemetery is located on Cass Avenue and was build in 1855.
Although originally built to connect Mount Clemens to the Kalamazoo River, The Clinton Kalamazoo Canal project ran out of funding shortly after it was started and now only extends 13 miles into Oakland and Macomb counties.
The Southern Michigan Railroad is a non-profit organization and railroad museum that is run by volunteers. The railroad reached Clinton in 1853, and the organization's goal is to preserve the Michigan's, northwest Ohio's and northern Indiana's railroad history. The railroad hosts tours and events throughout the year and offers discounted parking and rides to the Clinton Fall Festival each fall.
Morley's Candy Makers is Michigan's largest candy maker and features a huge selection of candy, custom chocolates, gift baskets and favors. They offer free tours, which can be done in groups or individually self-guided.
The former Heidelberg restaurant is notable because of its castle-like facade. The building has undergone several changes of ownership over the years and is currently awaiting approval to be turned into a banquet hall by a local businessman, as of August 2015.