What Documents Do You Need for Entering Mexico?


Quick Answer

As of 2015, U.S. citizens need valid passports to enter Mexico, plus tourist cards if they plan to travel outside the border zone. Passports must be valid for at least six more months and have at least one blank page per entry stamp.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

U.S citizens traveling to Mexico do not need tourist cards if they are staying for less than 72 hours and remaining within the border zone. Those visitors who plan to stay longer or who plan to travel further into the country must purchase tourist cards, which are available at Mexican border checkpoints, airports or Mexican tourist offices.

Learn more about Geography

Related Questions