Which Countries Start With the Letter E?
Last Updated Mar 25, 2020 2:51:05 PM ET
Eight countries start with the letter E: East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia and Ethiopia. These countries are located throughout the world.
Locations and Capital Cities
- East Timor is also known as Timor-Leste. It is located in Southeast Asia on the eastern side of the island of Timor. Its capital is Dili.
- Ecuador is a South American nation that borders Columbia and Peru. Its capital is Quito.
- Egypt is in northern Africa and is considered part of the Middle East. Its capital city is Cairo.
- El Salvador is in Central America and borders Honduras and Guatemala. Its capital is San Salvador.
- Equatorial Guinea is in central Africa. It borders Cameroon and Gabon, and also includes several islands. The capital, Malabo, is located on Bioko Island
- Eritrea borders Ethiopia. Asmara is its capital city.
- Estonia is located in Europe, bordering Latvia and Russia. Its capital city is Tallinn.
- Ethiopia is an East African country that borders the Sudan. Addis Ababa is its capital city.
More From Reference
What Is the Homestead Act of 1862?
How to Make an Emergency Preparedness Plan for Your Household
The (Failed) Assassination of Pope John Paul II and Its Odd Aftermath
What's Going on in Taiwan? How China-Taiwan Tensions Impact Global Relations
What Is a Coin Shortage, and Are We Facing One Right Now?
What Are the Strengths & Weaknesses of Psychoanalytic Theory?