Which Countries Start With the Letter E?
Last Updated Mar 25, 2020 2:51:05 PM ET
Eight countries start with the letter E: East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia and Ethiopia. These countries are located throughout the world.
Locations and Capital Cities
- East Timor is also known as Timor-Leste. It is located in Southeast Asia on the eastern side of the island of Timor. Its capital is Dili.
- Ecuador is a South American nation that borders Columbia and Peru. Its capital is Quito.
- Egypt is in northern Africa and is considered part of the Middle East. Its capital city is Cairo.
- El Salvador is in Central America and borders Honduras and Guatemala. Its capital is San Salvador.
- Equatorial Guinea is in central Africa. It borders Cameroon and Gabon, and also includes several islands. The capital, Malabo, is located on Bioko Island
- Eritrea borders Ethiopia. Asmara is its capital city.
- Estonia is located in Europe, bordering Latvia and Russia. Its capital city is Tallinn.
- Ethiopia is an East African country that borders the Sudan. Addis Ababa is its capital city.
More From Reference
What Are the Steps of Presidential Impeachment?
What Does George Soros' Open Society Foundations Network Fund?
The History of the United States' Golden Presidential Dollars
How the COVID-19 Pandemic Has Changed Schools and Education in Lasting Ways
Fact Check: Is the COVID-19 Vaccine Safe?
How Does the 25th Amendment Work — and When Should It Be Enacted?