Some of the facts about the city of Dallas, Oregon, include its status as the county seat for Polk County within the state. The city of Dallas, Oregon, is also located west of the city of Salem and southwest of Portland. As of a 2013 estimate, the city has a population of approximately 14,800 people and was known as the city of Cynthian or Cynthiana prior to being renamed Dallas by Vice President George Mifflin Dallas.
Dallas was incorporated as a city in 1874, though the area was first settled in 1845. The city was first connected to a train route to Falls City in May 1903. Dallas, Oregon, is also home to a variety of attractions and locales, such as the Dallas Aquatic Center, various city parks and the Motor-Vu Drive In. The city is located to other sights in Oregon, including the Black Rock trail system and the Baskett Slough National Wildlife Refuge.
Geograhically, Dallas, Oregon, is located along the Rickreal Creek and has an elevation of 325 feet above sea level. The city also covers a total land area of 4.81 square miles and, as of 2015, is lead by Mayor Brian Dalton as the head of the city's government.