Do Americans Need a Plug Adapter for the Power Sockets When Traveling in Argentina?


Quick Answer

Americans traveling to Argentina need both a plug adaptor and a voltage transformer to use their appliances in Argentina. A plug adaptor is used to convert an American plug to fit an Argentinean wall socket, while a voltage transformer allows the appliance to work with Argentina's higher voltage output.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

American appliances use type A and B plugs, which are made up of two narrow vertical prongs with an optional additional round prong on grounded plugs. In Argentina, outlets are in the C or I plug format, which have two thin round prongs or three narrow slanted prongs in the shape of a triangle. In addition, Argentinean outlets have an output of 220 volts, while American outlets have an output of 120 volts.

Learn more about Geography

Related Questions