One simple recipe for chili is the Simple, Perfect Chili recipe provided by Ree Drummond on her show "The Pioneer Woman." This recipe uses beef, kidney beans, garlic and spices such as cumin. The chili can be made in 1 hour 35 minutes.
Simple, Perfect ChiliThis recipe appeared on the "All Stocked Up" episode of "The Pioneer Woman." It makes 6 to 8 servings.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1, 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/4 cup masa harina
- 1, 15 oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1, 15 oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Shredded cheddar, lime wedges, onions, tortilla chips for serving
- Cook ground beef with the garlic over medium heat until browned, draining the excess fat. Add the tomato sauce, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, chili powder and salt. Stir together, cover and simmer on low for 1 hour. Add 1/2 cup water as needed to prevent the meat from drying out.
- Add 1/2 cup water to the masa harina and stir together. Add to chili, stir and adjust seasonings as needed. Add masa or water until chili is preferred consistency and taste.
- Add beans and simmer for 10 more minutes. Serve chili with the cheddar, lime wedges, onions and chips.