Roasting a head of cauliflower requires olive oil, cauliflower and a few seasonings. The cauliflower is placed into a very hot oven and roasted for around an hour.
Roasted Cauliflower with Capers
This recipe is easy and flavorful and provides a new take on regular, boring cauliflower.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 1 to 1 1/2 hrs.
Ready In: Under 2 hours
- 1 head cauliflower, around 2 lbs., with the leaves removed
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp., extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp., freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp., salt
- 1 tsp., black pepper
- 2 cups., fresh flat-leaf parsley, loosely packed
- 1 tbsp., small capers packed in brine, drained (optional)
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 450 F and move the oven rack to the middle position. Lightly oil a pie plate or baking dish.
Step 2: Prepare the cauliflower head by removing the core, but leaving the head intact. Place the head in the pan and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Step 3: Bake in the oven for 1 1/4 hours, or until tender. Transfer to a serving dish.
Step 4: Before serving, mix together 1/2 teaspoon salt, lemon juice, pepper and, if desired, the capers. Pour over the cauliflower, garnish with the parsley and serve.