In order to make RO*TEL dip with sausage, cook and drain breakfast sausage, and mix it with Velveeta cheese cubes and RO*TEL diced tomatoes and green chilies. Microwave the ingredients and serve it with crackers or tortilla chips.
RO*TEL Sausage and Cheese Dip
Prep Time: 2 min.
Cook Time: 5 min.
- 1 undrained 10-ounce can RO*TEL diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1/2 lb. cooked and drained pork breakfast sausage
- 1 lb. cubed Velveeta cheese product
- Mix all ingredients in a medium-sized microwavable bowl.
- Microwave the mixture on high power for approximately 5 minutes. Check the progress of the Velveeta halfway through to ensure that it is melting properly. Stir the mixture after 3 minutes in the microwave.
- Remove the mixture from the microwave and transfer to a serving bowl
- Serve with crackers or tortilla chips.
Add heat to this recipe by choose Velveeta Jalapeno instead of regular Velveeta, and substitute the RO*TEL diced tomatoes and green chilies for the hot variety. Any leftover dip can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days in the refrigerator. To reheat the dip, simply microwave it again.
This recipe makes 32 servings. Each 2 tablespoon serving has 50 calories, 250 milligrams of sodium, 2 grams of carbohydrates and 10 milligrams of cholesterol.