Making Rocky Road candy is fast and easy. It requires ingredients such as milk chocolate or dark chocolate, mini marshmallows and peanuts or walnuts. The ingredients are mixed together to form the candy in about 30 minutes.
Rocky Road Candy
Rocky Road candy is perfect for the holidays or for any time there is a sweet tooth that needs satisfying. This recipe makes 24 to 30 pieces of candy.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Ready in: 30 minutes
- 16 ounces dark or milk chocolate
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, peanuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup dried, shredded coconut
- Carefully melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Line an 8x8 tin with foil, or butter the sides and bottom of the tin.
- In a large bowl, mix the nuts, coconut and marshmallows.
- Add the melted chocolate to the bowl and stir to thoroughly combine the ingredients.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Chill until firm and cut into small pieces.
There are several variations to Rocky Road candy. Flavored marshmallows may be used in place of traditional marshmallows, or try substituting white chocolate for the dark or milk chocolate to make a reverse Rocky Road.
As a great treat for the kids, skewer a large marshmallow, coat it in chocolate and roll in it crushed nuts and coconut for a Rocky Road pop.