The recipe for Red Lobster cheddar biscuits calls for baking mix, whole milk, cold butter, garlic, cheese, parsley flakes and salt. The butter in this recipe is used to make the biscuits a bit lighter and fluffier than they would be if the baking mix was used alone.
The brand of baking mix can be changed depending on what someone has available in their area. The recipe also calls for whole milk, but 2 percent or skim milk can also be used. The biscuits may be a little less fluffy, but not by a large degree.
Prep Time: 10 to 15 min.
Cook Time: 15 to 20 min.
Total Time: Approximately 30 min.
- 2 1/2 cups baking mix
- 3/4 cup cold whole milk
- 4 tablespoons cold butter (1/2 a stick)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Combine the Bisquick and cold butter in a bowl using a fork or pastry cutter. Leave some small chunks of butter in the mix. Add cheese, milk and garlic and mix by hand.
- Drop the mix onto a cookie sheet in approximately 1/4 cup portions and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with the melted butter, parsley, garlic and salt, then serve.