Rachael Ray's spaghetti pie recipe makes a seven-ingredient baked pasta dish that can serve several people as a side dish or main course. Most of this recipe's flavor comes from cheese and parsley, and some chefs may want to add additional herbs or spices, such as cracked black pepper and mixed Italian herbs.
Rachael Ray's Spaghetti Pie
This recipe results in a simple baked pasta dish that includes spaghetti, eggs, cheese, parsley and breadcrumbs. Cooks will spend only a few minutes on active prep because most of the total prep time consumed by baking.
Prep time: 10 min.
Cook time: Up to 40 min.
Ready in: 50 min.
- 1 lb. spaghetti, cooked al dente
- 10 eggs
- 8 ounces Parmigiano Reggiano or Romano cheese (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup butter or butter substitute
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a rectangular baking pan and set aside.
- Add the cooked spaghetti, eggs, cheese, butter (or substitute), milk and chopped parsley to a large container. Mix all the ingredients well to combine.
- Transfer the spaghetti mixture to the greased baking pan. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top and dot the surface of the pasta and breadcrumbs with additional butter or butter substitute.
- Put the baking pan in the preheated oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked and the top of the pie is golden brown but not burned.
- Remove the dish from the oven and let it cool before slicing and serving. This dish works well served either cold or hot.