One of the easiest recipes for Alfredo sauce uses butter, milk and cream cheese and can be made in less than 15 minutes. This simple sauce can be used for fettuccine, chicken or a number of creamy dishes.
Quick and Easy Alfredo Sauce
This recipe is a little different from most because it uses cream cheese. This makes a rich, creamy sauce. It makes four servings.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Ready In: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a medium nonstick saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the cream cheese and garlic powder and stir with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
- When the sauce reaches the desired consistency, remove it from the heat. Toss with hot pasta to serve.
This sauce thickens rapidly when cooked, so if it becomes too thick, thin it by adding a little milk until it reaches the desired thickness.
For variety, try adding in some crumbled cooked bacon, a dry Gewurztraminer wine or chopped asparagus to the sauce.